Elizabeth Helen Spencer is a mama of one, freelance writer, and English professor. We had a wonderful conversation about writing, teaching, and finding time for creativity as a busy mom.
Listen as we talk about how Elizabeth got into creative writing, what she was doing in a skeevy dive in Philadelphia and who she met there, her experience living abroad in Prague, and the family fantasies we both have in common.
Elizabeth shares some great ideas about how to make creativity a part of your life when you have a job (or two!) and a young child to take care of, and even if you’re not an early bird!
We also talked about how to deal with fear when it arises, and what NOT to do to be happier.
Highlights of Our Conversation
- How to find time for writing
- Dealing with transitions, such as going back to work or your child starting preschool
- Being creative in the small things
- How Elizabeth got into writing fiction
- The surprising way she found her writing group and whom she met there
- Life as an American woman in Prague
- Writing by hand versus writing on the computer
- Our family fantasies
- How to overcome fears and challenging situations, such as a new school year
- What writing and sports have in common
- What’s so great about coaching
Links and Books Mentioned
How Toddlers Thrive: What Parents Can Do Today for Children Ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success by Tovah P. Klein
Spread the Word
If you enjoyed the podcast, visit iTunes and kindly leave me a rating, review, and/or subscribe. Thank you!
Ways to Subscribe to the Happiness Mama Podcast:
Stay in Touch
Get more inspiration and encouragement in your inbox!
Click here to get the Happiness Mama Newsletter and your free gift.
Thank you so much for listening! I hope this podcast helps you be a little bit happier, and helps you go from striving, to thriving.
Note: This post contains an Amazon affiliate link, which simply means that if you make a purchase after using the link, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and podcast!