I hope so, dear one!
We can all use a reminder to make our own happiness a priority, and the beauty of it is that the happier we are, the happier our families are as well. The more we fill our own cup, the more we have to give to the people we love.
Here are 40 simple ways to be happier today.
Put them in your planner, post them near your desk, or pull them up whenever you need a reminder to prioritize your happiness. (To get them in a pretty printable pdf, sign up for the Happiness Mama Newsletter below.)
Enjoy reading, beautiful! I hope these ideas inspire you to take time for your happiness today.
- Listen to podcasts! (Learn how here.)
- Do yoga.
- Remember: You are loved. You are okay. You are good enough.
- You can do things you don’t think you can.
- Achieve big goals through small steps.
- Meditate every day.
- Practice gratitude.
- Forgive. It’s easier than holding a grudge.
- Make time for play. What did you enjoy as a child?
- Connect with friends. Call, text, email, social media. Do it!
- Be creative, on your own and with the kids.
- Have a system for getting things done. My favorite is David Allen’s book and system called Getting Things Done.
- Enjoy setting goals, big and small.
- Read inspiring books and blogs.
- For more clarity, get everything out of your mind and onto paper.
- Get started with just five minutes of whatever you need or want to do. Let that be enough, or let it lead to more. And then celebrate!
- Think about your desired feelings and how you can incorporate them a little more into your everyday life.
- Let go. Let go of perfection. Let go of what doesn’t really matter. Let go of whatever is weighing you down.
- Simplify. Focus on what really matters most, and do that.
- Take time to reflect.
- Write your book, or pursue your dream, whatever it is. And just ignore the naysayers. Including your inner critic.
- Make sleep a priority. Do whatever you can to get enough, 8 or 9 hours.
- Go outside and take a walk.
- Read books that make you laugh or cry. Or both.
- Talk about your feelings. Don’t keep them bottled up.
- Stargaze. Drink in the beauty of nature.
- Get rid of junk or unused items that are cluttering your life and space.
- Get rid of stuff your family has outgrown, both things and clothes.
- Get rid of multiples.
- Set a timer for five minutes and work ’til it goes off.
- Appreciate the tools you love and use.
- Declutter one drawer.
- Get what you need. Don’t put it off.
- Be creative, on your own and with your family. Draw, paint, cook, make things.
- Take photographs with your fancy camera.
- Reflect: How will you feel about this at the end of the day?
- Reflect: How will you feel about this in thirty years?
- Reflect: How will you feel about this at the end of your life?
- Be gentle with yourself, and keep moving in the direction you want to go.
Over to You
Which of these tips do you want to implement?
Which are already part of your life?
Let me know in the comments below. (Scroll all the way down.) :) I’d love to hear from you.
Would you like to try coaching, for free?
One of the best ways to add more happiness to your life is through coaching.
For a limited time, I am offering a free coaching session in exchange for 30 minutes of your time. You let me pick your brain about your struggles, desires, and everything in between, and I will give you a 30-minute mama bliss coaching session in return. Win-win!
If you’re a mindful mama who desires more happiness and would love support in intentionally living your best life, I’d love to talk to you. Just use my contact form or send me an email, and mention “free coaching in exchange for interview.” I’m looking forward to getting to know you better!
Take good care of yourself! You deserve happiness.
P.S. If you like this article, please share it with your friends and family. The social share buttons below make it easy.