Jenn Sher, mom to three girls, is an amazingly talented mixed media artist and blogger. In this episode, Jenn and I talk about her recent dive into mixed media art, and she has great advice for other moms who are interesting in getting started with it. She also shares how she and her husband got fit, gained energy, and together lost 73 pounds, in 12 weeks! Jenn also shares her word of the year and what it means to her. I loved talking with Jenn, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
This is the first episode of Season 2 of The Happiness Mama Podcast, which is focusing on Self-Care! A new episode will be released twice a month, so stay tuned! Enjoy…
Highlights of Our Conversation:
- How she got into mixed media art
- Advice for moms who are new to mixed media art
- How she and her husband got fit, lost weight, and gained energy, in just 12 weeks
- How Jenn prepares healthy meals AND saves time
- Her secret to getting voluntary help in the kitchen
- Word of the year and what it means to her
- Her special free offer of an Andy Warhol-inspired custom portrait (!)
Quotes from This Episode by Jenn Sher:
- “I want to show people that if you take steps, you can do it.”
- “Take yourself out of the whole chaos or just the regular routine, and do something that [makes] you feel like a child.”
Links and Books Mentioned In This Episode:
- Jenn’s Mixed Media Art – The Blog www.thesherhouse.com
- Jenn’s free offer: www.thesherhouse.com/freebies
- Jubilee Rice
- If I’m So Smart, Why Can’t I Lose Weight? by Brooke Castillo
- Jenn’s Facebook Page, Jenn’s Mixed Media Art Journey
- Connect with Jenn on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenn_sher/
- The Happiness Mama Community on Facebook
- The (free) Self-Care Workbook www.happinessmama.com/selfcare
Spread the Word:
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to help other mamas be happier, too, visit iTunes or Stitcher and kindly leave me a rating, review, and subscribe. More ratings and reviews can lead to more eyes and ears seeing and hearing the podcast. Thank you!
How to Subscribe to the Happiness Mama Podcast:
Stay in Touch:
Never miss an episode!
Click here to get the Happiness Mama Newsletter and your free gift, The Self-Care Workbook, with a self-care assessment and over 50 specific ways to add more self-care to your life, so you can feel AMAZING.
Thank you so much for listening! I hope this podcast helps you be a little bit happier, and remember, self-care is not selfish, it’s essential.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means at no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase. Thank you for supporting the podcast!