Meditation! In this episode, I tell how a stress-induced panic attack became the catalyst that eventually led to my meditation practice. I share my story of getting started, what it’s actually like to meditate, and how my current meditation practice compares to my first efforts at meditation.
I also explain how you can start a meditation practice in your already-busy life, and I give simple instructions on how to actually do it.
The benefits of meditation are many, and it’s been a huge blessing in my life. I hope you find this episode helpful as you begin or continue your own meditation practice.
- How a panic attack prompted me to start meditating
- What it was like then, and what it is like now
- Gratitude as a benefit of meditation
- Benefits of meditation, including managing stress and anxiety
- How to start a meditation practice
- Shamatha and Vipassana meditation: What are they?
- Simple instructions on how to meditate
Books and Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- My Blog Post: What I’m Doing For More Peace and Energy
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Quiet Mind: A Beginner’s Guide to Meditation, edited by Susan Piver
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to listen on Google Play Music
Spread the Word
Love it? Visit iTunes or Stitcher and kindly leave me a rating or review. More ratings and reviews lead to more eyes and ears seeing and hearing the podcast. Thank you!
Stay in Touch
Never miss an episode!